Monday 3 November 2014

Japanese Food Craze at Daikokuya & Standing Sushi Bar

Gab and I have been going to Japanese restaurants lately! Just last saturday we went to Daikokuya at Raffles City  (大黑屋) to try out their ramen.
Tsukemen
I ordered their tsukemen and i thought the portion was too small. (I eat a lot for a girl)

It was not too bad but I felt that their broth was a little on the salty side. But the broth was well boiled apart from the saltiness of it.

The noodles was PERFECT. It wasn't too soft or too hard and I really liked the texture of it. Probably the best ramen noodles i ever had! I like it that the broth came separately, so i could choose how much i broth i needed to go with my noodles… and i could save on some calories too. heh. Oh. and it came with a lemon, which i didn't use because i didn't know how it was supposed to go with my meal.

Stamina Miso Ramen
Gabriel had their stamina miso ramen. It was one of their chef recommendations. Unlike my order, his portion was way too much (although the bowl looks pretty small).  It was quite a decent ramen, though not the best we tried. The only good part of this ramen was the japanese egg which was very well done. The consistency was just right, not too cooked and not to raw for my liking. It was also well marinated with the sauce.

We spent about $15 per pax. It's quite reasonable since most other ramen places offer the same amount for a bowl of noodles.

Dakikoyuka
#B1-13 Raffles City Shopping Centre
252 North Bridge Road
Tel: 63367456

Yesterday we went to Standing Sushi Bar as well. We've really been crazy over trying out new Japanese restaurants lately. I love japanese food! It always seems so much healthier.

It's good to go to Standing Sushi Bar especially when they have discounts. We ordered their salmon sashimi and it was only $3 for 5 pieces of it! We order sushi rice ($3.50 for a bowl of rice) to go together with our sashimi as well.

25 pieces of salmon sashimi!
Look at all that glorious sashimi! :O The cut was so much better and thicker than other places selling the $1.50 sushi like Sushi Express and Nihon Mura. I thought it was decent, though i have tried extremely good sashimi which melts in your mouth. But for the price, i could definitely make do with the sashimi from Standing Sushi Bar!


Stuffing my face silly with sashimi
I look terrible in the photos because i had just finished a three hour class. Which explains my hair. And my tired face.

We were so full, happy and satisfied after that. We paid $25.90 in total for 25 slices of salmon sashimi and 2 bowls of rice.

Standing Sushi Bar
8 Queen Street
s(188535)
Tel: 6333 1335
(It's near the Singapore Art Museum.)

No comments:

Post a Comment