Friday 16 January 2015

Back with another review at Dim Dim! (CLOSED)

Sometimes just posting all these food reviews reminds me of how much i've been eating! I can't believe i've not only spent so much money on food, i've also gained so many calories. It's alright, because food has this amazing ability to make me happy.

So i'm back with another food review. I always head here during school time because it's just one MRT stop away. It's Dim Dim- The Hong Kong Pantry at Marina Square. This isn't a place that many people would stop by to have a meal and i suspect that most of their customers are returning. Anyway, i love the Dim Sum here! It's affordable (for the price in town) and definitely satisfying! Their congee is so good too and i like it because it's healthy.


For a good deal, it's best to go between 2.30 pm to 5.30 pm because you can get 1 Dim Sums, a bowl of congee and soy milk for just $6.80! Otherwise, if you don't go during those times, the Dim Sums usually costs about $3-$4. Still pretty affordable in my opinion.


A display of some of their baked pork buns

You can see that the interior is rather cosy and located just right opposite llao llao. It's pretty comfortable and great for gatherings and catch ups with friends.


Me and Gabriel both opted for their sets at $6.80 each. We got their soy milk and we love it! We're fans of soy milk and we've tried all the famous soy milks like the one at selegie, lao ban etc. This is pretty comparable to our surprise.

"Why are you taking my picture?!"

We chose their Har Gow and Siew Mai. I like their Har Gow! They were very generous with their prawn filling. I think it's worth getting but their Siew Mai was pretty ordinary.


This is a must get! Their Chee Cheong Fun with Char Siew is really comparable to places like Tim Ho Wan? The rice noodle of this was so smooth and the Char Siew was very lean! The soy sauce was nice too. It's a little oily but not too oily for my preference.


I love their congee too. I always get the chicken and mushroom one. The porridge is so so smooth. You can hardly taste the rice bits at all and it's super creamy. I have no idea how they manage to get such a great consistency of the porridge.

This place is nothing fancy and really casual. I would recommend that this restaurant is definitely worth a visit if you're on a tight budget.

Dim Dim- The Hong Kong Pantry
#B1-16 Marina Square Shopping Centre
6 Raffles Boulevard
Tel: 63369088

No comments:

Post a Comment