Thursday 11 December 2014

Food updates! More Sushi Tei and more Food For Thought

I remember mentioning that Sushi Tei was one of my favourite places to go. It so near school so i always head to the Raffles City outlet after classes. I have blogged about my experience at Sushi Tei at the Big Splash outlet. You can view that blog post here: http://doriateo.blogspot.sg/2014/11/sunday-at-sushi-tei.html 

We tried new dishes this time. I thought they were all equally fantastic and Sushi Tei really never fails!

Hokkaido Corn Cream Croquette ($8.60)
When this first came i was so impressed! It looks so presentable and even came with a sauce which we could dip the croquettes in. Although i'm not a fan of croquettes and not a fan of corn, i really enjoyed this dish. It was deep fried to perfection on the outside.


The inside revealed a very piping hot sweet cream with corn bits. I almost burned my tongue because it was so piping hot inside. The only drawback about this dish is its calories. Sigh. Deep fried and cream is such a diet killer.

Kani Mentai Mayo Roll ($8.60)
This is one of the sushis we usually order as well. I really like the mayo sauce on it. It's too good because they torch it over a flame and there is this smoky flavour to it. Inside the sushi is deep fried crab meat. So perfect. And such a good substitute for shiok maki because of its mayo sauce.

Yaki Udon ($10.80)
I'm a fan of Yaki Udon or Yaki Soba and i just thought that i had to try this. I've tried a lot of different kinds of Yaki Udon but i thought this didn't meet my expectations. Definitely not getting this again, it was such a disappointment. It was too sour for my liking; they had probably used too much of the tonkatsu sauce. I've tried better.

Sushi Tei
Raffles City Shopping Centre
252 North Bridge Road #03-13/14
Tel: 63347887

During the exam period, i've also been heading to Food For Thought. I've blogged about the outlet at Queen Street and you can read my blog post here: http://doriateo.blogspot.sg/2014/11/food-for-thought-queen-street.html

This time i headed to the outlet at National Museum instead of the one at Queen Street. It's closer to my school and SMU students get a 20% discount off from Mondays to Fridays. To relieve stress, i've been heading to Food For Thought in hopes that i could feel better after a good meal. Hahaha. I think food really affects my mood and good food makes me happy, of course!


Full Works ($22)
 I ordered their Full Works this time and i'm always so pleased with it. The hash browns are my favourite. It's unhealthy but so worth the calories. I suppose it's the same with bacon. The scrambled eggs are perfect. It's so fluffy and Food For Thought certainly got their consistency right. The bread is toasted but not crunchy. The edges are but the white bread is so soft. Probably my favourite part of this meal. It's good that this meal came with salad too. But to be honest, this dish is definitely still unhealthy, which explains why sometimes i have a love-hate relationship with Full Works– It's such a good breakfast, but such an unhealthy one. I hope i'm not stopping you from ordering this though, it certainly is worth the calories!

Also, the ambience of this place deserves 5 stars. It's quiet. In the morning, there are a lot of people having a cup of coffee and reading their books. It's cool as well as this place is air conditioned (unlike the one at Queen Street!). You can also hold events here as well. It's a very secluded and quiet place and they'll probably draw the foldable doors so that your event can be a more private one.

Food For Thought
National Museum Singapore
93 Stamford Road #01-04/05
Tel: 63389887

No comments:

Post a Comment