Monday 1 December 2014

Mucota treatment at Focus Hairdressing


I'm always on the look out for natural soft rebonding. Although my hair is naturally straight, it's very very frizzy and it always ends up in tangles. 

Just one year ago, i did my rebonding at Twister (under Monsoon Group) at Tampines One. I opted for their bodily straight treatment. It costs me a total damage of about $270 (including cut and wash)! I think it's very pricy for the length of hair i had during that time. The stylist told me that i had long hair? I mean… my hair looks more like a medium length… 
Bodily Straight at Twister
Even though i paid such a hefty price for it, the effects turned out really nice. My hair wasn't flat at all and there was still volume, considering that my hair was already quite flat. However, the effects were not lasting, after about 6 months later my hair started to become very frizzy and my ends were horribly dry.
The interior of Twister at Tampines 1
I sat here for about 4-5 hours. It was quite empty though because i was there during off-peak hours. The price for their bodily straight was really not value for money at all.

Fast forward 1 year, my hair was getting increasingly frizzy again. I had so many knots each time i washed my hair and every time i combed my hair, i was getting quite a bit of hair fall.

I wanted to try the Keratin treatments. IHowever, i've always been daunted by the fact that it contains formaldehyde (which is linked to causing cancer). I also considered Cosme rebonding at Shunji Matsuo, but i wasn't ready to fork out $280 for it! What's more it was only going to last for 6 months.

After much researching, i came across Mucota treatments. It's a Japanese brand and i thought this was great because it would definitely suit my Asian hair. Mucota treatment uses argan oil to treat your hair and make it straight. Mucota treatment at some salons costs $300 and above but i managed to find a salon which is definitely very value for money!

I  decided to head to Focus Hairdressing for my Mucota treatment. Focus Hairdressing uses Mucota products. It's at a very convenient location near Somerset MRT!

There are two types of Mucota treatment. Mucota Opera (which is more like rebonding) and Mucota Dyna. I opted for Mucota Opera. For Mucota Opera+treatment+cut, it only costs me $170, for my long hair. It took me a total of only 3 hours for the full process!
Credits to http://www.primegrp.asia/mucota/mucota-opera.html
From the website, it says that the Mucota Opera (which is what i did) offers:
  • No strong chemical odour
  • Improves hair texture
  • Short period and limit damage
There are different types of Mucota Opera treatments (SNB Opera N, H, SH, or C) meant for different hair textures and the stylist will ask you a range of questions before deciding on what is suitable for you.
You can see that the final effect is very natural, soft and straight. I no longer need to worry about my frizzy hair or that my hair will become tangled each time i wash it.

You can also opt for a slightly pricey treatment. It is the Mucota Dyna treatment. The effect is just like soft rebonding and it'll last for 6 months. When i asked the stylist at Focus hairdressing, she told me they are charging $250, which is definitely less than what other places are offering. Mucota Dyna has a higher composition of Argan oil treatment product in it compared to Mucota Opera.
Credits to http://www.primegrp.asia/mucota/mucota-dyna.html
That really sums up my experience at Focus Hairdressing! They also informed me that i could colour hair for $130 (for long hair)! What's more, their products are ammonia free! I'm definitely coming back here again for any of their chemical treatments.

Focus Hairdressing
Cuppage Plaza
5 Koek Road
Singapore 228796
Tel: 68366608
https://www.facebook.com/FocusHairdressing

8 comments:

  1. Hi, glad to come across your helpful review. May I know how is Jane's hair cutting skills? Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Does the effect rly last? How is it now! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. It does! It's still just as straight! Maybe about 5% of my hair is back to its original? And there's more volume at the top of my head.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Babe! Thanks fr replying :D i'll be doing this on friday! Hope all goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi babe, is this whole Argan oil treatment thing and normal rebonding same? Like do you have to wait for 2-3 days before you can wash your hair?

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey there! its been about 5 months now, so does your new growth hair seem a lot different from the rebonded hair? because i have natural curvy hair, so im afraid that the difference between the new and old hair would be huge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have naturally straight hair, so my new growth hair doesn't look much different from my rebonded hair. If you have curly hair, i would think that there would be a difference, just like any kind of rebonding.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi dorianteo,
    do they accept nets/credit card payment?

    ReplyDelete